I absolutely love the replmon utility in Windows 2003 and its a really cool way to torublehsoot AD replication issues but when I upgraded to Windows 2008 R2 on all my DC's a while back I was kinda bummed that I couldn't use that utility anymore as R2 does not include that.
But I did find a way you can get that on Windows 2008 R2
- Download and copy suptools.msi and support.cab files on your server
- Install the .msi file by double clicking on it
- Ignore the error/warning that you get and finish the install
- After that open a command prompt with administrative rights and browse the the support tools folder
- Type Replmon and start breaking your head troubleshooting the issue.